Morning Star Warehouse Manager’s key role is to oversee warehouse staff, vehicles, and other equipment.
The Warehouse Manager directs and coordinates activities of the warehouse and transportation operations to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities, and personnel. Responsibilities include overseeing the efficient receipt, storage, and dispatch of a wide variety of products.
- Review sales levels in order to determine allocation and assignment of employees.
- Manages and prioritizes projects and schedules.
- Analyzes weekly and monthly productivity reports to determine where improvements can be made and implemented.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluations of employees. Including supervising, hiring, disciplining, firing, training, planning/assigning work tasks, performance evaluations, rewarding employees, and addressing employee concerns in accordance with all applicable laws and Brady policies/procedures.
- Responsible for warehouse inventory control and continually seeks out improvements or best practices.
- Responsible for sanitation and physical condition of the warehouse, material handling equipment, and rolling stock.
- Schedules and supervises all repairs as needed, including review of bids and subsequent service agreements. Recommends capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment to increase efficiency and service of department.
- Responsible for the safety of employees and visitors. Directs investigations of all accidents and recommends corrective action. Follows up to ensure that appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Ensures compliance with all State, Federal, and Industry related administrative policies, procedures, and safety rules.
- Investigates customer or shipper complaints and respond accordingly. Follows up on ALL customer requests and inquiries to ensure great customer service.
- Directs salvage of product identified as damaged or spoiled.
- Provides backup support to the customer service representative by entering orders and covering the front counter for walk-in traffic as needed.
"*" indicates required fields