Morning Star Transport has an immediate opening for a full-time Operations Manager in Tukwila, WA. Transportation experience required. Will train the right candidate. Excellent career growth opportunities, fun team, and fulfillment.
Operations Manager Job Description
- 2 years of operations management or related work experience in a warehouse, distribution, supply chain, transportation or similar environment
- Knowledge of the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) industry, hazardous materials regulations and DOT rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Distribution or Logistics, or 4 years of related work or military experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Positive attitude with the ability to multitask and motivate your team
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and administrative skills
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes, and weights up to 50 lbs, sometimes more
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Supervise staff during various inbound, city and/or outbound freight operations
- Act as a champion of our values, demonstrating them and holding your team to the same high standards
- Monitor personnel or equipment locations and utilization to coordinate service and schedules.
- Schedule or dispatch workers and equipment to appropriate locations, according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using telephones.
- Relay work orders, messages, or information to or from workers and supervisors, using telephones or computers.
- Confer with supervising personnel to address questions/problems.
- Record and maintain files or records of work performed, charges, expenses, or other dispatch information.
- Advise personnel about traffic problems, such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, or other hazards.
- Ensure timely and efficient movement of equipment, according to orders and schedules.
- Resolve worker problems or collaborate with employees to assist in problem resolution.
- Plan and establish transportation routes.
Submit Employment Application
"*" indicates required fields