Morning Star Transport is looking for an Accountant to join their fast-growing team. This role is responsible for the accounting operations of the transportation, logistics, and warehouse departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, analyze, and evaluate the performance of the cost of transportation and storage and financial presentations.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Supervise and oversee all payroll, payables, receivables, banking, and billing functions.
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Develop cash flow projections to coordinate the needs of the organization.
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled staff
The ideal candidate should have
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent business experience.
- A minimum of seven years of relevant work experience.
- Must be organized and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
**Reports to President**
"*" indicates required fields